Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published in an academic journal, nor is it before another journal for consideration. If it is before a journal for consideration, please provide an explanation in the Comments to the Editor.
- The submission is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format only and is not in PDF.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The manuscript has been thoroughly proofread, including grammar and spellchecking, and checking for plagiarism and academic integrity.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions for ensuring a blind review have been followed. (These instructions become available when authors initiate the manuscript upload process in the submission system.)
- The submission adheres to the focus and scope of the journal: academic research related to all aspects concerning higher education policy and practices at the tertiary (university) level.
- The author has read the Ethics Statement and observes the accepted international standards for ethics in academic publishing.
Authors who publish with HLRC agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and publishing rights without restrictions and grant the journal right of first publication. Authors grant Laureate Education, Inc. a license to publish and distribute the work under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in HLRC.
- Authors who submit manuscripts are to declare that their submission to HLRC is not simultaneously under consideration for publication in another journal and has not been published elsewhere previously.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the HLRC's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in HLRC.
- Pre-refereeing and pre-publication: To ensure consistency in the information available to researchers and to safeguard the blind peer-review process, authors are asked to abstain from self-archiving or posting online the submitted manuscript before the review process is complete.
- Post-refereeing and post-publication: Authors are free to self-archive and distribute the peer-reviewed and editorially reviewed version of their work. As a full open access journal, there is no embargo period. Authors are encouraged to archive the published PDF version, which includes a suggested citation with all pertinent information, including a digital object identifier (DOI). If the author decides to self-archive or distribute the work in a format other than the published PDF, the author must include the assigned DOI and acknowledge the work was first published in HLRC.
The names and email addresses entered in the HLRC site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of the journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.